Sunday, April 12, 2009

Caring for lily of the valley plants?

My lily of the valley plants require no special care. I have them planted in semi shady locations. As long as they get moisture, they do well.





I even have them planted around the roots of a soft maple tree and they have continued to thrive for several years.

Caring for lily of the valley plants?
Name: Botanically known as Convallaria.


Description: Little white bells arranged up a short delicate stem.


Origin: First cultivated in 1420.


Colour: White.


Availability: Mainly April and May.


Care Tips: Must not be left out of water too long. Keep cool and shaded.


Trivia:


Facts: Signifies a %26quot;return to happiness%26quot;. Lily of the valley is much used in bridal arrangements for their sweet perfume. Traditionally associated with May 1st, especially in France where the %26quot;muguet%26quot; is handed out at special events.





This source is very short and to the point on care...If you are in the right place, it is considered a nuisance...A weed, but I love them, and will always want their presence...
Reply:they like the shade. give them lots of water. I have some in my front yard in a area shaded by maple trees. I don%26#039;t give them any special treatment %26amp; they seem to be happy where they are



breast cyst

No comments:

Post a Comment