Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lily of the Valley for weed control?

I have a terraced section that I never go in, but i have to weed it anyway. Will lily of the valley keep out weeds if I plant it?


Also, it has to share the terraced level with Irises. The Irises take up half the section. If I put up a root barrier will it keep the Lily of the Valley from smothering my Irises?

Lily of the Valley for weed control?
Lily of the Valley will probably take over the entire area once it%26#039;s established. We had a small 4 x 5 bed of it under a cherry tree, and I never had to pull weeds from the area. Just remember that it can be fairly invasive and may spread beyond the flower bed. (Lily of the valley spreads from underground root nodes, and will grow out into lawn areas and between paving bricks).
Reply:those lily shouldnt drown out irises. they are pretty aggressive and have thick roots. they should live in harmony. if you want them to.



dry skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment