Sunday, April 12, 2009

Portland too warm for lily of the valley?

I wanted to plant lily of the valley in a little used portion of my yard for an easy low maintenance ground cover, because I have heard lily of the valley are tough.





However, when I went to the nursery to get some, the lady said that while we can grow lily of the valley here, it is actually a little too warm here in Portland Oregon for them, so they are a high maintenance plant here, not a low maitenance plant. She said they take a lot of care when things warm up.





Is this true?

Portland too warm for lily of the valley?
I can%26#039;t speak for the temperatures because I have had them grow successfully here in New York (LI) but always in a damp, fairly shady area. So if you are thinking of planting them in full sun that may not work.





Here is a site you may find useful.





http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/index.asp...



super nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment